Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Hastings Library!
Welcome to the Hastings Library Libguide! This a one-stop shopping place for teachers and faculty to find a variety of resources available through our library. Poke around and see what's here, and also consider ways that you might be able to use a format like this for instruction or content management for students. I can work with you to do that!
I can update the information on here fairly easily, so check back periodically to see what's new! I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
New and Noteworthy Teacher Resources
The 7 Habits of Happy Kids by
In The 7 Habits of Happy Kids, Sean Covey uses beautifully illustrated stories to bring his family's successful philosophy to the youngest child. Find out how each and every kid can be a happy kid!
How to Bullyproof Your Classroom by
Call Number: PC 471.5 CRO
A wealth of practical advice and strategies to help teachers build a caring and inclusive classroom, create rules with children to prevent "gateway" behaviors, and talk candidly with children about bullying. Includes lesson plans and extensive reference section.
Doing Math in Morning Meeting by
Call Number: PD 510 DOU
Publication Date: 2010-08-1
Bring joy and energy to math learning without adding to your already-packed schedule! Here are 150 fun and engaging math activities suitable for kindergartners to 5th graders.
Welcome back! I will share news and information about the library on this page throughout the year. It is also a place where you can have quick and easy access to our catalog, Teachingbooks, databases and much more. If you have questions about any of the resources here, or any others, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to help you, as much as I am to teach students!
Hastings Library Catalog
With this quick access to our catalog, you can check to see if something is available from anywhere! You can also check to see what books you have out, request books and much more. To do this, you must first log-in using the same username and password that you use for school email. (Please let me know if you have any difficulty logging in!)
Here are a variety of handouts that can be printed for your use
- When possible, please have your class books brought to the library in the morning, or some time ahead of your class arrival in the library. This is helpful for book check in .
- Students are welcome to come to the library individually or in small groups between 8:30 and 8:45 any morning for book exchange. Please check to see if I have a class before sending students who need my assistance. If I don't have a class, I am always happy to help!
- Book Check-out "limits" for students are as follows:
- Kindergarten - 1 (two later in the year)
- Grade 1 - 2 books
- Grade 3 - 3 books, including Playaways (no more than 2 from one series)
- Grade 4 - 4 books (no more than 2 from one series)
- Grade 5 - 5 books (no more than 2 from one series)